Crawl Space Mold Remediation
Crawl spaces is a breeding ground for mold growth. Mold needs three things to survive - moisture, high humidity levels, and organic materials to feed off of. Mold not only looks bad, but can make your entire home smell musty. Also, what's worse is that it can lead to a variety of health problems for all members of your family, especially children and elderly individuals who have weaker immune systems. Mold has been known to trigger the following:
- Asthma attacks
- Severe headaches
- Skin irritation and rashes
- Cold/flu-like symptoms
- Extreme fatigue
As you can see, these are some fairly concerning medical problems. But, you don't have to deal with them! Let Foundation Specialist come out today for a consultation. When you contact us, we will be able to come to your home and do mold testing. The tests will help us to determine how many mold spores are floating around in the air of your home. A dangerous amount will suggest a problem and we will investigate your basement or crawl space environment to determine where and why the mold is growing.
Crawl Space Waterproofing
To prevent mold from growing in the crawl space, we waterproof the area using several components.
- Vapor barriers - To properly waterproof the crawl space area, we install vapor barriers that are naturally resistant to mold and mildew growth.
- Sump pump - For water drainage, we install reliable sump pumps that work efficiently at pumping water out of the crawl space area.
- Dehumidifer - Installing a dehumidifier in the crawl space will give you greater control over the humidity. Reducing humidity levels is one of the ways to prevent mold from being able to spread.
The best form of remediation is prevention. Installing a dehumidifier in your home gives you greater control over your home's humidity allowing you to create an enviroment that inhibits mold growth. The experts at Foundation Specialists will help you pick out the right model for your home's unique needs.
Santa Fe Advanced
- Quiet operation
- High capacity
- Low temperature operation
- Optional equipment available
- 640 watts @ 80°F and 60% RH
- Current Draw: 5.7 amps
- Operating Temperature: 49°F Min., 95°F Max.
- Sized for: 2,200 Sq. Ft. - Typical
Santa Fe Classic
- Energy efficient
- Auto restart feature
- Large capacity
- Low temperature operation
- 700 watts @ 80°F and 60% RH
- Current Draw: 6.4 amps
- Operating Temperature: 56°F Min., 95°F Max.
- Sized for: 2,500 Sq. Ft. - Typical
Contact Our Experts For Crawl Space Mold Remediation Services
Our team of experts can help you keep your home free of mold and mildew year round. To schedule an inspection and estimate for mold remediaiton you can contact our experts online or by calling 616-438-0551. Contact Us Online